Saturday, February 6, 2010

Polymer clay in your earlobes

In all honesty, I think the last time I made something out of polymer clay was when I was 15 or 16, and it was some sort of uh, smoking device. I wonder whatever happened to that thing...
Anyway, I picked up a rainbow assortment of polymer last weekend, and have been obsessively rolling large gauge earrings. The reason I haven't had any interest in making earrings until now is because I just don't really like traditional wire earrings... my ears are stretched to 0gauge and I love big chunky sprials and organic shapes in my ears, made from glass, bone and horn. Now, I feel like I've discovered a way to not only create those styles, but to go beyond, and bigger, chunkier, and more colorful than anything I've ever seen.
I am taking requests for sizes! My ears are currently 0g, but I'm planning on going to 00g and stopping there. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment